Host a Class
Host a Class in Animal Communication, Reiki, or Animal Reiki. As a host, you attend the class for free!
Nothing offered in your area?
Know of an animal club, group of animal lovers, shelter or rescue organization that wants to learn more about Animal Reiki or Animal Communication?
What about a group of friends or club members who want to learn Reiki so they can strengthen their natural healing abilities and step into empowerment?
Hosting a class is a great opportunity to bring friends, co-workers, and community members together. It is also a great opportunity to gain exposure for your business or organization.
It all starts with an idea.
What you need to know about Hosting a Class with Susan
Here are a few details you need to know:
- Minimum of 3 students (not including the host).
- Maximum of 10 students.
- The host takes the class for free.
- The host is responsible for promoting the class.
- The host is responsible for meeting the minimum number of students before a set deadline.
- Travel fee rates apply.
- Both weekday and weekend classes are available.
Payment details for Hosting a Class
A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required to secure the class date. This is to be paid by the host to Susan via check or money order, or credit card. The deposit will be divided among the number of students registered and go towards the remainder of their balance.
- Payment in full is due 2 weeks before the scheduled class date. This is to be paid by the host to Susan via check or money order, or credit card.
- Basic travel fee rates apply to destinations within a 30-mile travel zone. Expanded-zone rates are available up to 60 miles from Valley Cottage, NY for an additional fee. Expanded-zone rates apply to destinations in New York City.
Fee: The basic rate for traveling within 30 miles is: $50
Fee: The extended travel zone rate for up to 60 miles is: $100
Fee: The extended travel zone rate for NYC is: $300
Some hosts pay for the travel fee while others ask their guests to pay. If the host chooses to have their guests pay the travel fee, then the fee will be incorporated into the class fee and divided among the number of guests registered.
The process of hosting a class.
Decide date, time, and location
- The host and Susan will decide on a date well in advance for people to sign up. Then set a deadline for getting the minimum sign ups.
- The host and Susan will set a time for when class begins.
- The host will have the class at a location that can comfortably hold 10 people.
- For an indoor location, the room needs to have an even temperature, and be in a quiet location without outside intrusion. Chairs and tables need to be provided.
- For an outdoor location, the setting needs to be in a quiet location without outside intrusion and shelter from the sun. Chairs and tables need to be provided.
- For all Reiki classes (including Animal Reiki), the host and Susan will provide massage tables.
- For Animal Communication and Animal Reiki classes, the host will arrange to have up to 3 well-behaved animals to practice with. These animals can belong to the students or the host. Live animals are not essential, so if it is difficult to arrange for live animals, stuffed animals and or photographs are acceptable.
Promotion of class
The host is responsible for promoting the class. Promoting the class can be done in several ways: word of mouth, social media, advertising in local papers, or posting fliers.
Susan will provide a course description for social media and a master flier for promoting the class that can be distributed to various places where you might find interested people.
Registration and payment
The host will remain as the contact person. However, participants are welcomed to contact Susan for more information.
- The host is responsible for collecting names, email address, phone numbers, and payment during the registration process. This information will be shared with Susan prior to the class date for printing certifications.
- The host will need to have a minimum of 3 people paid and registered 4 weeks in advance of the class date for the class to proceed. The minimum of 3 students does not include the host.
- The host will provide registrants with course details, location, directions, and cancellation and refund policy.
- The host will inform students that have been attuned by a different Master Teacher that the course is specific to Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki.
- The host will inform students Reiki Levels I and above to bring their manual(s) and certification(s) to class.
Once arrangements have been finalized and dates/location selected, Susan will send the host a contract outlining the responsibilities and terms of agreement, and for the host’s signature.
- The host will arrange for coffee, tea, other beverages and snacks for the participants. The host and Susan can decide what to do about lunch; either people will bring lunch, go out for lunch, or some other option.
- Susan will send the host a master flyer for the host to copy that can be distributed to various places where you might find interested people.
Payment & Refunds
- A non-refundable deposit in the amount of $250 is required to secure the class date.
- A travel fee in the amount of $50 applies to classes hosted within a 30-mile travel zone, $100 within a 60-mile travel zone, and $300 for classes held in NYC.
- Registration and payments in full are to be made to the host.
- Payment in full is due 2 weeks before the scheduled class date. This is to be paid by the host via credit card or check made out to Susan J. Squittieri.
- There are no refunds, unless a class is cancelled.
Kind words and praise.
Susan is Amazing
I am so glad that we scheduled a private group class with you. It was well worth the travel. You are so patient, so passionate, and so knowledgeable! The class far exceeded our expectations. The girls and I look forward to practicing and will keep you posted of our progress. I highly recommend this course if you want to learn how to use your intuition to connect with animals. If you have any doubt about what you can accomplish from this class, don’t. Susan is amazing! A very big THANK YOU!!!
Susan has been giving readings and workshops at our Center for several years now and we have received wonderful feedback from both clients and students. She shares her knowledge and insights with love and compassion and is a delight to be around. Several students from her Animal Communications class still comment on how wonderful the course was every time they come by the Center. Susan has become a member of our Center’s family and we look forward to continuing to work with her for many years to come.
General Inquiries, Engagements, or Just to Say Hello.
Want more out of your relationship with yourself, animals, and the world around you?
Sign up and receive updates on classes, events, specials, + my FREE communicate with animal’s starter kit.